a collection of vegan recipes

---

rawktober: day two

     I woke up this morning at my usual early hour with my head still pounding from yesterday's overload. My house freezing, all I wanted was a big hearty bowl of piping hot chili. Instead, I grabbed 3 bananas and a jar of almond butter, set the kettle, curled up on the couch with a blanket and watched as the rain ceremoniously pissed on my lawn.
     It was decided. I wasn't going to leave my blankets today. I filled my trusty hot water bottle, made an extra litre of tea, and proceeded to do absolutely nothing for the next few hours. Except make raw sushi. And go for massage therapy. And get a [de]coffee. And read intermittently. It's been a soul-healing kind of day. Maybe I'll even have a bath, and maybe a sneaky glass of wine... or is that pushing today's self-care levels off the charts?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’VE LEARNED THAT YOU CAN TELL A LOT ABOUT A PERSON BY THE WAY (S)HE HANDLES THESE THREE THINGS: A RAINY DAY, LOST LUGGAGE, AND TANGLED CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS.
maya angelou

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


BREAKFAST:
3 bananas
almond butter
asian pear

LUNCH:
raw nori rolls (pictured)
 - avocado, almond butter, zucchini, beets, pea shoots, mushrooms, tamari
apple

[SNACK-LIKE] DINNER:
plums
figs
banana
apple
carrots

SNACKS:
raw homemade energy bar
kale chips
raw chocolate bar

No comments:

Post a Comment