a collection of vegan recipes

---

rawktober: day thirteen

Thirteen's a weird number. It looks weird. Like it's missing a letter. It's missing a "t," right? I mean, isn't it pronounced thirt-teen? 
It's bothering me.

Moving on.

Here's a slightly delayed post about my Thanksgiving dinner[s]. As you can see in the picture, I was occupied with my wine and it wasn't safe to have my laptop nearby. I make enough of a fool of myself as it is. This was my first holiday as a raw vegan (my Eastern-European family and family friends are still having a hard time accepting my veganism, and raw veganism is way up there on the wtf factor list), so I BYO dinner'd it. I decided to try out ATV's sweet potato dumplings (YUM!) with a few modest modifications that my taste buds can't do without - aka herbs & spices.
dem dumplings
Serves two, as a side

1 large sweet potato, shredded
1.5 cup almond flour (depending on texture)
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp almond butter
handful fresh basil & dill (or whatever herbs)
1 clove garlic
1 date
salt & pepper
dash cayenne

Process everything in your food processor until a dough forms. Make little dumplings and place in dehydrator for 3-4 hours (depending on size - just check on them every now and then) and flip halfway. They should be slightly crispy on the outside.

Based off of ATV's recipe.

cranberry sauce
Makes a decent amount, enough for leftovers

1 cup cranberries
1 orange
1 tsp orange zest
2+ dates

Blend. Add dates to taste!

creamy mushroom sauce
Trust me, it'll be enough!

1/2 cup cashews, pre-soaked 2 hours
3 mushrooms
1 tsp miso
dash of pepper

Blend it up!

maple-marinated brussel sprouts
Give yourself a break and clear out your wallet- purchase at Whole Foods Market. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment