a collection of vegan recipes

---

rawktober: day six

I guess I haven't really been talking about how I've been feeling since starting this rawktober cleanse, have I? Of course, I can't be sure if the two are related, but I definitely think I've been having some detox symptoms including headaches and fatigue. But maybe I could just be having a slight hangover today... Hmm. On the flip side, my poops have been RAWSOME and frequent. I know we all feel uncomfortable talking about these things but hey, it's an essential part of our lives! Why so awk?
     In a nutshell, I've been eating, pooping, and sleeping a whole lot. How about you? Do you feel the detox?
     ANYWAY, today I'd like to share a recipe for bbq cauliflower bites.


Serves 2 as a snack.

1/2 head cauliflower
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP oil
pinch of salt


Break apart your cauliflower into bite-sized florets and toss in a bowl with the marinade ingredients. Transfer to a ziploc bag and place in the fridge to marinate a couple of hours (or overnight, - or over 2 nights, if you forget about them like I did).

In another bowl, mix together the following spices:
1 TBSP paprika
1 TBSP onion powder
1/2 TBSP garlic powder
1 TSP cacao
1/2 TSP thyme
pinch of cayenne, cumin, salt


When your cauliflower is ready, dump the contents of the bag into a bowl with an additional splash of apple cider vinegar (and a drop or two of liquid smoke, if you have it on hand). Coat with the spice mixture and use your hands to get it all around the cauliflowerets. Stick it in the dehydrator or in your oven at the lowest setting, with the door open a few inches, for around 40 minutes or until at desired texture. Good sprinkled with nutritional yeast and/or served with a dip, eg. the following ingredients blended together into luscious goodness:

4 TBSP almond butter
1 TBSP maple syrup
almond milk to thin

Original recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment